The Artists Den is a leading New York based entertainment company which produces the acclaimed TV series Live from the Artists Den. The series, now in production of its 9th Season, features a remarkable line-up of iconic and emerging stars performing in unique and historic venues. Past artists include Adele, Vampire Weekend, Robert Plant, Phoenix, Kid Rock, and Ray LaMontagne. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the highest caliber talent.
Our team is a passionate cadre of professionals building one of the world's leading arts and entertainment brands, energized by our pioneering work in television and digital media. We are currently seeking a brand development and marketing intern to join our team this fall!JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Key member of social media team, tasked with engaging and growing our TV, digital, mobile and social audiences
- Track growth statistics for our weekly marketing campaigns (social platforms & mailing list)
- Generate creative ideas for our artists, contests and content
- Blogging, photo, live stream and video posting
- Supporting the national launch of Season 9 on TV and Online
- Researching brand partners and driving value for all of our partners
- Various daily administrative office tasks as needed
- Long-term projects that help shape the development of the brand
- Small staff means you will work directly with senior members of the company, including the Director of Marketing, Head of PR and the CEO/Founder
- Learn first-hand how an entertainment company works including production, distribution and marketing
- Our internship program has been a great success and learning experience, sometimes leading to a full-time position.
Candidates should have a passion for music and/or television production, a strong work ethic, research skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks. Strong Excel and Word proficiency required. Marketing background preferred.
- Current (or recent) student at a top college
- Strong passion for music, arts and television
- Marketing/social media experience
- Proficiency with Mac computers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
SALARY: $20 per day, travel stipend
HOW TO APPLY:Send a cover letter and resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and write "Marketing Intern" in the subject line.
How do you choose your artists?
Our programming team is always looking at talented artists as potential performers to add to our stage. Our primary concern is finding artists who are great live performers with enough original material to fill an hour-long television episode. Our shows come together through a mix of hard work, coordinating schedules, and a little bit of luck, and conversations with artists and venues are constantly in the works.
How do I get my favorite artist on the show? How can I get my band on the show?
Suggestions are always welcome! Just visit our contact page to submit a request.
How do you choose a venue for a particular artist/episode?
Live from the Artists Den is all about creating and documenting once-in-a-lifetime pairings between artists and very special places. Planning a new episode taping always begins with a conversation with the artist about their dream “artists den”. Is there a spot or a city that they have a connection to? What kind of vibe or feel are they going for? Are there any special interests or causes that we can highlight in the program?
Once the artist has decided on a city, the process of finding a venue that fits their vision begins. We do our best to make their dreams come true and marry a venue that is the best fit, artistically, aesthetically, and logistically.